Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Center Console Version 2!

So its been a while since I posted, but that doesnt mean that I havent been working on things. Since the last I posted, I have added a APRS digipeater, and Igateway, to funnel APRS from the RF world to the Internet. I have also built an additional echolink /allstar node for the local radio club which Ill outline in another post. Also I have put up more antennas, and changed my workspace some. All of this was prep work for my new center console project for the car.

As you may have read I did an earlier version of this back in 2014, which turned out nice. It worked great but to one flaw. It was small, and it wasnt as sturdy as I thought. My kids, getting in and out of the car, accidentally kicked the old console and eventually it developed cracks, and started to show signs of falling apart. I wasnt that mad, because I have always decided I would build a new and improved version of this concept. I proud to announce, that all the firmware is written, the testing is done, and I am ready to put the pieces in place. In the next few days or so. Ill document the construction, wiring and results of several weeks of planning, and designing the new console.

Stay tuned............
In the meantime as always...........happy coding!


No comments:

Post a Comment